Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub"-Hamlet

Sorry about getting the blog out so late tonight, or so early depending on how you look at it. I would have been able to sit and write earlier, but my 10 year old, MJ sometimes has a seriously hard time relaxing and going to sleep and stay asleep. Even now, he is still in his room talking to me way after midnight. He is trying to get me to let him turn his fan on even though the central air is on. He is convinced that he cannot go to sleep without the sound of the fan, and his two favorite stuffed animals and a cover concealing what's under his brother's bed, and the hall light on, a night light and the door cracked ever so slightly. Yes. We go through this every night. His younger brother has been sleeping peacefully for hours and MJ is still trying to settle down. I have tried a warm bath, making sure they aren't watching tv or playing video games several hours before bed. Most nights he usually reads himself to sleep. only to wake up 15 minutes later and not be able to get back to sleep right away. Most nights aren't as bad as tonight, but I think some of it has to do with him missing his brother who is away on a college trip.

Speaking of the college trip. I spoke to my son tonight when they reached their second destination and I could hear the excitement in my his voice. I haven't heard that in forever. My usually very reserved son, sounded almost downright bubbly! I am almost 99.9% sure now that he will NOT be staying in Illinois for college now. He got a little taste of being away from Chicago and I feel like he will definitely want to experience more. I don't blame him. I hope he gets to see the world one day. 

Well, my eyes are feeling a bit heavy and MJ is quiet, (for now). I seriously never thought that at the age my boys are now, I would still have "sleeping through the night" issues. I think I will put his radio on the Classical  music station. As long as they don't play, March Of The Valkyrie, we should be okay and he and I can both get some sleep. 

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment