Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Gunther-The Final Chapter



After my injury on Wednesday, much consideration and many hours of discussion, my husband decided that it would be best to find Gunther a new home. I thought I would be happy that I would no longer have to hear his thunderous bark or feel it shake the floor. I figured I had had enough of his incessant drool and bad manners.I was finally going to be rid of Gunter. And then, I got sad. I thought about how Gunther would feel leaving us. We are really the only people he has ever known. We have loved and cared for him. gave him treats, baths and belly rubs. And let's not forget those walks. All of his spots, his smells,his bed, his family will all be different when he leaves us. And he won't understand why.

I went over possible solutions with my husband. Maybe we didn't have to give him up. Maybe we could send him to obedience school so he wouldn't pull anymore. Maybe we could make a video and send it to Cesar Milan. Surely, he could help us with Gunther. Maybe we could buy the empty house next door for him to live in. hey must be something we could do! But at the end of the day, we knew that even if we did all those things. Gunther needs a new home. My husband has been having a very hard time lately with his legs. Walking Gunther has become increasingly difficult for him. His walks have become shorter as my husband's pain has gotten worse. And with my older son's both busy, there really isn't anyone here to give him the attention that he deserves. This won't be a quick turnover though. Whoever takes Gunther has to be the right fit. They must understand this breed and they must have the time,the patience, the personality and the fenced in yard for him. And, most of all, they must love him. These next few days as we try and find a new family for Gunther, will be hard. We love him and we want the best for him. It won't be easy trying to find a home for a 190lb. big baby. But,we are confident that it all will work out in the end.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could take him. I really would.

    ReplyDelete