Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I went to a party tonight...

YES! You read that correctly. I got out and actually went to a party tonight. Actually, my husband and I went to the party. It was a birthday celebration for a guy that I have known for 40 years. We grew up together and his parents grew up with my mom and dad. So, we have been connected forever. We almost didn't go. Paul and I  have gotten so used to just staying in our house that it has become a bit difficult for us to get up and out. But, I am so glad we did. It was so great to see our friend, Kory and his wife, Desiree. We laughed, talked and even played a few games.The games were hilarious! I will never be able to look at an Oreo cookie again without thinking of this night. Some of Kory's cousins, who I also grew up with were there and it just felt so wonderful to be with them. They are just a good, positive, loving group of people that I always feel comfortable being around.

The last time I went out to a party was in April. That is a long time between outings. I guess I have been taking the label of, "stay at home" mom too literally. It is just the way I am though. I have really never been a person that hung out or partied a lot. Even in highschool. I never went to one dance or homecoming game or even hung at the mall or went to movies with friends. I was just content to come home, read my tv guide and chill.

But anyway, tonight was a good night. I came home feeling joyous, accepted and among people that love me and that I love back. It's good to have people like that in your life. Even if you don't get the chance to see them as often as you'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment