Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Hour is Almost Upon Us

In just a few weeks, I will attempt to embark on another year of homeschooling my two youngest sons. I read so many blogs about homeschooling and marvel at how organized people are. They know what they're teaching, they have their cute little homeschool spaces all decked all and organized. It is just so darned depressing! Here I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. I am wondering which curriculum will work best, hoping I can keep them interested and engaged. At the same time, I am thinking about my other son, who is about to be a Senior in highschool. The thought of just how fast this year is going to go actually has me a bit nauseous. How do people do this? I mean, the school year hasn't even started yet and I am already stressed out and ready to hide in a corner and weep. 

Breathe..........I keep trying to remind myself to do this. 

As you can possibly tell, I am feeling a bit on the edge. Actually, I am feeling a LOT on the edge. I just want everything to go right. There is so much riding on this year. I have never had to help someone pick a college, and fill out applications and apply for scholarships. All while trying to make sure I get my now, 4th and 6th grade sons where they need to be academically. And when the parent is the sole teacher, you feel like everything you do is under a microscope. 


Breathe............


I know I will get through this year. I don't expect perfection, but I just wish I was more prepared. I guess I feel like it is all coming so fast. And the fact is, it IS!! I guess we are never really ready. We just have to take it one day at a time. I know if I don't go take a seat somewhere and calm down, I won't be any good to anyone. Tomorrow is for registration the Senior class. My son gets his last highschool schedule,last ID, last buscard and yearbook. As nutty as I feel, I can only imagine how he must be feeling. He walked into this school a shy little 7th grader and now he is a big time, tall, handsome Senior. 

You know what? I think this year is going to be just fine. I am going to do the best I can and try and not get too overwhelmed. Benji just might have a new nail-biting partner though. I'll keep you posted.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment