Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Treat For Myself Today



Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about my post today.

I must tell you, I had a good day today. I treated myself to the Hair Salon and it was quite therapeutic. I have come to the realization that they can be something quite magical about having your hair washed. I felt like tons of stress was released as my scalp was masterfully massaged and the warm water flowed over my hair. Washing away all the tension that had been built up. I caught myself being quite tense at first. I took a deep breath, let my muscles relax and I just enjoyed the moment.

The person who did my hair today is my cousin. We didn't know much about each other but I knew the I was in very capable hands. My hair looked good, smelled good and I felt like a new woman. I only get my hair professionally done maybe once a year and it was due. So tonight I will sleep on my face, so as to not ruin my new "do". And in the morning, I will try to remember not to wait a year to do something nice for myself anymore.

Disregard the sleepy look on my face. I still have a hair-washing hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment