Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And Away We Go!



Since the weather has been so gorgeous the past few weeks, my two youngest sons have been enjoying being able to go outside and play after they finish their school work. I usually let them play for about an hour or more while I finish up dinner. I am always nervous about them playing out in front because we live on a busy main street and for some reason, little boys and asphalt always seem to meet. So as they play, I pray.

So today, as I am sitting in the kitchen, my 9 year old runs in the house. "Mommy, mommy come quick"! I instantly go into "which voice is this" mode. He is smiling and happy so the panic subsides. I race to the door to see what has him so excited. I step outside to see my 7 year old riding his bike for the first time without training wheels! His dad is proudly running behind him. Wow! Look at my baby go. I can't believe he is riding.In my head I am transported to 1994 when my now 21 year old son took his first solo 2 wheel ride. My how the time does fly. Now my youngest is out there, just pedaling away like he has been doing it for years. I ran in the house to grab my camera. As I downloaded the pictures to see what I had captured, my eyes filled with tears. My 9 year old was riding side by side with his little brother. He looked up at me for a moment and gave me a thumbs up. Way to go guys! Mommy loves you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment