Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weather me this






WOW! What an outstanding stretch weather we have had! We have broken the record for March for 5 days in a row! You know the old saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"? Well, not this year. The lamb came 1st and hopefully has decided to take up residence. We have been in the 80's here in the Windy City. I am thankful for each and everyday we have been able to open the windows and let the breeze come in. I can not tell you how amazing it feels to hear the Red-winged blackbirds, Chickadees and Cardinals sing outside my window. It has been pretty weird too though. This time of year we are usually either digging out from a late winter storm or just dealing with cold, gray days that make you long for days like today. The sun is shining brightly. Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, grills are lit and the wonderful smell of barbecued food is in the air. Now, being a native Chicagoan, I have to be prepared. At any moment this streak of summer like weather could end. It would not be weird for our temps to take a dive into the 40's or even 30's again.(I'm just being honest) Hey, It's Chicago! We can have 3 seasons in one day very easily. While it is my sincerest hope that these warm temperatures stay around at least until November, I am keeping my longjohns and fleece clothing out of storage for a little while longer. You never know when that March lion will decide to come and reclaim his territory. Until then, I have steaks marinating and little boys that are happy to be able to ride their bikes and enjoy these beautiful March days.

Peace and Love Everybody. Enjoy each and every moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment