Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Spring break could not have come soon enough for me this year! It has been a serious roller coaster ride this school year. But isn't it always a trip when you have kids? They were really getting antsy those last couple of days in school. Luckily, my husband is also off this week so that has made the week even better. My boys have been enjoying their week so far. They have been content to go to the park, ride their bikes and play the occasional video game. We have also celebrated Earth Hour, gone bowling, had a play date, done lots of bird watching (where discovered two new sparrow species to our feeders) and built lots of things out of legos. The week is going so fast though! I had planned all these wonderful outings and figured we would get out everyday and visit the museums and the aquarium and see the sites of our city. I should have learned by now that that never, EVER turns out the way I see it in my head. I am really not disappointed at all though. The extra hours of sleep have been welcomed. I think we should learn to take more cues from our children. We can have the grandest of ideas and plans, when all that is required is an open ear and a willingness to walk up and down the basement stairs to see the latest masterpiece made out of cardboard boxes.

I do still hope to get out to at least one museum before the week is over. And then the serious countdown begins.

To what you say? SUMMER BREAK!

Not sure who wants it more this year. Them or me.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment