Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Best Date Ever!

I took my soon to be 7 year old son on a "date" tonight to celebrate his upcoming birthday. I was given two passes to a private screening of Cars 2 at the Showplace ICON in Chicago and I knew he would enjoy it. We were not disappointed at all.  It was an amazing movie! The graphics were superb. And the story was intriguing. I wasn't sure it could top the 1st one, but it was really good. I can't tell you anything specific, but I would highly recommend going to see it. Now, on to the REALLY great part of my evening. After the movie was over, I discovered a walkway that overlooked the skyline. In case you didn't know, Chicago has a breathtaking skyline. We were looking up at the Sears Tower(I refuse to call it by any other name), when my baby boy turned to me and said, "this would be the perfect place to kiss". I wondered if i heard him right and we turned to walk away. Just then he said, "Mom!" I looked down at him to see the sweetest little lips in full pucker mode! I bent down and gave him a quick kiss. I swear I could see actual hearts floating off of his head. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I almost cried. We walked back to our car hand in hand. After he jumped in his car seat and we both were buckled in. He said to me as we drove out of the parking garage, "Mom, this was the best date ever!" Yes Ky, I agree. It was definitely the best date ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment