Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Monday, January 30, 2012

And a one and a two and a cough and sneeze

My two youngest sons are sick with some hacking, coughing, sneezing type of nastiness. It hit my youngest one on Friday and by Sunday, my 9 year old had joined in the chorus of sickness. Thankfully, they don't feel horrible. It is more annoying that anything. They stayed home from school today and I am not sure about tomorrow. I would hate it if a parent sent their child to school sounding like my boys sounded today. I blame it on this wacky weather we have been having. It was a balmy 54 degrees here in Chicago today, with the same or warmer expected tomorrow. Definitely not the norm for a Chicago winter day in January. This time last year we were getting ready for the epic snowfall of 2011. Now, we are seeing plants pop out too early because they are as confused about the temperatures as we are. The forecast calls for more of the same tomorrow. And then in true Chicago fashion, it will probably be a blizzard next week. So, with my boys tucked in bed with their chests rubbed down with Vick's, I pray they feel better tomorrow. As for me? I am going to bed having drank two mugs of homemade chicken broth with garlic and cayenne sprinkled in. I feel a cough coming on. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment