Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My Journey With Cancer-The Kindness of Strangers





Since we last chatted, I've had a few more treatments. I've lost ALL of my hair(with the exception of my eyebrows and lashes) my nail beds are turning purple and the skin on my hands has gotten a shade darker. I still feel pretty good for the most part. I do get tired pretty easily and my tastebuds have forsaken me. Most things have no taste. They just taste like cardboard or cotton. I still make sure to eat, but it's definitely not for pleasure. Certain smells make me nauseous, but it's mostly a mental thing. So, I am working on that. 

I wanted to talk about the blessings that I have received over the past few weeks. I have been surprised with cards, gifts, and well-wishes from perfect strangers. I wake up to prayers being said for me on Instagram.  I was "ambushed" by the Brave Chicks. They are a wonderful group of cancer survivors that come to uplift and support other women fighting cancer. They gave me a gift card, an honorary membership certificate, and a plethora of "groovy socks" to wear to chemo. This outpouring of love has been so healing to my spirit. As you can imagine, I have been going through so many emotions. But, most of them lately have just been gratitude, gratitude, gratitude. I initially felt really alone when I got my diagnosis. I knew I wasn't alone, but I just felt so disconnected. Now, that I have met amazing cancer survivors and fighters, I know that I have an army right alongside me fighting, praying, encouraging and believing that I will soon be a cancer survivor. 

I did want to share some more good news with you. The ping-pong sized lymph-nodes in my armpit have shrunk. I can no longer feel any swelling. I was kinda nervous to get my hopes up, but I am celebrating every positive development!  I also excepted a role in a play. I was so inspired by an amazing woman named, Toni Lynice Fountain who is fighting breast cancer for the 2nd time but hasn't let that stop her from acting. Her story really made me realize that there's no reason why I can't keep pursuing my dreams. 

To those that have reached out to me through a card, a phone call, a personal visit or even a message on Facebook, Thank you! 

To my amazing friend, Odessa Frey I LOVE YOU, LADY! Can't wait to visit you in Vegas! And thank you to all of her friends that blessed me and made me smile with their kindness.  


To those out there that are fighting, stay strong. I know how hard it is, but you're not alone. To those that are encouraging someone through their illness. Keep up the great work. Your support is invaluable. 

Peace and Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment