Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Evening

The rest of my day was very uneventful. Not usual for my household. I really didn't do much but relax today. I didn't even cook dinner. That's right!! I did NOT cook dinner. I let the boys fend for themselves and none of them starved. I did put together salads for myself and my two youngest boys, but those other have to step up. The day has come to a close.  Ky and MJ are done reading and I just finished saying evening prayers with them.We had a good talk tonight about being thankful for the many blessings that we have.Those little guys of mine are amazing! We have some of the best conversations at night, when I come in and sit on the edge of Ky's bed. We talk about some of everything. One night I am going to have to record one of our many talks. They inspire me quite often.

So, the house is almost quiet. My oldest is in his room playing a video game as usual. The teen is supposed to be getting his clothes ironed so he won't have to do it when he wakes up (hopefully not late) in the morning. I am winding down myself and that usually means getting in bed, saying prayers and meditations, telling myself I am going to sleep and then watching HGTV until it goes off the air around 3 a.m.. I don't stay up that late every night and I hope I don't tonight because the boys and I have lessons in the morning. Let me tell lack of sleep and dealing with children that have had a full, good night's sleep really don't mix. There is not enough coffee in the world to help me. So, let me end this blog for the night and get myself into sleep mode. I have been kinda tired all day and even tried to take a nap, but I couldn't fall asleep. Nothing a trip to the Bahamas, lulled to sleep by the ocean can't fix.

The night is peaceful. A finish to the day. The crickets sing their lullabies and tell me they will keep watch until the day is new. Sleep well, good people. Peace and Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment