Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Time Flies

I was reminded yesterday that I am indeed getting older. I mean I know I am but, sometimes it just hits me in the face. I went to see the daughter of one of my oldest friends ( who is really more like a sister)go to prom. It felt so weird. I remember holding her in my arms and burping her over my shoulder. And there she was, all dressed up and looking so beautiful. Her mom and I shared a hug as she drove off and I had to choke back tears. Not so easy to do this morning as I type this and realize that, WOW! I really am a " grown up". My brother and I had a conversation recently about how we actually forget just how old we are. We feel so much younger inside. We sound like we did when we were younger, we laugh at the same things, but we are not the same. We are older, grayer, wider and hopefully wiser. Looking at photos of my boys can invoke this feeling of "who am I?" also. These can't be my children standing as tall or taller than me. I was just making you bottles and searching for your favorite binky in the middle of the night. As I approach another birthday next week, God willing. I hope I never lose that young feeling I have inside. But I really need for these kids of ours to slow down a bit. Plus, I just got invited to go play laser tag without my children. And I plan to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment