Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

104 days of Summer Vacation huh?

Whew! These past couple of weeks have been crazy! The school my two youngest boys were attending decided to have a million different programs the last week of school. Then right before that was my birthday, my sister's birthday, my mom went on vacation and countless other things that had me pulled in more directions than usual. Anyway, we made it to Summer break and now it is time for my youngest son's birthday! I can't believe that my baby is turning 8. Just the mention of how quickly they are growing up makes my husband's eyes well up with tears. I must admit the thought of my last two boys growing up gets me a bit "verklempt". But, I won't dwell. The Sunny Season has definitely started off hot here in Chicago! 13 days of 90 degree weather so far and today is officially the 1st day of Summer. I have all these places to go with the boys lined up in my head, but if the weather stays like this, we will be putting some tents down in our basement and camping out down there. Even though there are no shortage of places to go and things to do here in the city, it is still hard to find the time to do them. The biggest hurdle is getting my boys up dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed and out the door. That alone can make me want to take a nap. On top of that, they have gotten to the age where unless we are going to the zoo, Navy Pier, Six Flags or somewhere that has Laser Tag and video games, they don't want to go. What happened to my little guys who used to get excited about going to the market to look at all the cool fruits and vegetables? Yeah I know, I was lucky they ever did that in the first place! It's just that, now it takes planning. Because they want to be dressed certain way and they want to do something that's not "boring". But sitting downstairs in front of a tv with a game controller in your hands for 6 hours isn't boring right? Oh well, we will see what adventures we will have over the break. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment