Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Slow Down

I find myself always stressed out lately. I feel tired, cranky and short-tempered. My forehead is being etched with frown lines. Who is this person? Luckily, the Gemini that I am can see me freaking out and talk me down from a full-blown meltdown. I have been trying to figure out why I feel like this. There isn't anything that is particularly overly stressful in my life that should cause my shoulders to be in the knots that they are in every single day. I can't blame my children. They are just children. They are kind, and polite. They are are also loud, busy and demanding. Normal.But this is what every parent goes through. This shouldn't have me like this. I have a home, a working car, a hardworking, supportive husband. Money to pay all my bills. Yet, I feel like I could just burst into tears at any moment. I dream of getting on a plane somewhere near the ocean and just staying there. Away from all of the noise, deadlines and mandatory stuff that has to be done on a daily basis like, cleaning the house, washing clothes, making sure homework is done, fixing dinner, etc....

While looking for medicine to ease my headache and ongoing shoulder pain, I came across a facebook post from a good friend of mine named, Bridget Heffernan Mendel. She is always a wonderful source of information on education, funny stuff and great resources for parents and children. Well, she shared a great post today and I want to share it with you. It helped me realize that one of the reasons I feel the way I do is that, we are in a constant state of rushing. Rushing to do everything. To eat, sleep, get to school, get to work. everything is rushed. We have forgotten how to live in the moment. I tried to meditate one day and about 500 thoughts flooded my head like an electronics sale on Black Friday. Crazy! I have forgotten how to relax.

Anyway, I am sharing a link to the post. it is by a woman named, Cathy Cassani Adams. If you feel or have ever felt this way, read it. It might help. I promised myself to also try and incorporate this exercise into my week. (if i can find the time).
 http://www.chicagonow.com/self-aware-parent/2012/05/five-minute-meditation-for-busy-parents/

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment