Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Action!

Every time I look up, another month has gone by. It has been a pretty eventful month too. I just finished working on the set of the STARZ series, BOSS starring Kelsey Grammer. This wasn't my 1st time working on this show, but it was the first time i have had the pleasure of being on set with my entire family. All six of us! What an awesome experience that was! It was my 21 year old and my 16 year old's baptism into the world of being a "background artist". They jumped right in and did a great job. My little guys, Ky and MJ are old pros at it now. They have worked on BOSS and the new series, Chicago Fire which will premiere this fall on NBC. They fit right into it so easily. They even have the lingo down already. 'extras holding", "checking the gate" and their favorites, "lunch and that's a wrap"! It was an absolutely gorgeous, sunny day on set Tuesday. That made it even better to be out with my family.  I have shot in every kind of weather and we couldn't have asked for anything better to be shooting outside in. My husband actually had the chance to play a Cook County Sheriff for the day. He was all suited up and had all of the "cop props". It was a lot of fun watching him pretend to arrest the bad guys. I enjoy being an extra because it gives me a chance to do something I really love. I marvel at how sets are created and how shots are lined up to get just the right emotion or action. I feel very fortunate to have been able work in so many movies and TV shows over the years. And, while my ultimate dream is to actually get a role one day, I am just thankful that more production companies are bringing their work here to Chicago and that I get to be a small part in some of them. I have met some of the coolest people on these sets and some great friendships have been forged. That makes all the long days and crazy weather worth it. And now that my boys are involved, we have even more stories and things to laugh about.



Live Your Passions! Life is short!



No comments:

Post a Comment