Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Bad and the Good

The past few weeks have been a bit rough. My dad is battling a very serious condition called Myelodysplastic Syndrome. He has been hospitalized for over 3 weeks and has had some very, very rough moments. I am going through the struggles of  being the parent of a soon to be 21 year old male that now feels we are too strict because we give him a curfew, a 7 year old that wants to eat only foods with syrup or cheese everyday, and I am sending my 2 youngest formerly homeschooled sons back to school in two weeks.  I find myself having more separation anxiety than they are and I am dealing with some issues of feeling really guilty about sending them back to school. On the flip side, I have had some awesomely great experiences lately too.I was featured in the Chicago Parent magazine, (August Edition) with my two little guys. I had the chance to work on the new TV series, POWERS that will premiere next year on FX(which I mentioned before). I am stepping waay out of my comfort zone and taking a 3 day intensive actor's workshop this weekend with the actress Tasha Smith (Jumping The Broom). The thought of taking this workshop terrifies me, but I need to do it. And, last but not least shooting that Gamefly commercial with my family, which was awesome!(also mentioned before) So despite the roller coaster ride of emotions I have been on lately, and the crazy amount of stress and pressure I feel right now, I am still taking things one day at a time. I have to or the chaos will consume me. And, I am so thankful to still be able to find those things that make me smile, laugh or just remind me that there is still a lot of beauty in the world. The struggles continue, but so does the fun and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment