Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

What a week!

I'm not sure if  I ever mentioned that I sometimes get the opportunity to be an extra on movies and television. Well, I had such an opportunity this week. I worked the entire week on the set of a new FX series called, POWERS. It seems like a really interesting show, (for grown-ups) as it does have some strong language in it. It kinda feels like a cross between the x-files and Heroes. Anyway, it was a pretty cool experience. I met some great people, that I will never forget. They are what make the whole thing great. If they weren't the awesome bunch of people that they were, I wouldn't have lasted through the week. A lot of people think being an extra is glamorous. NOT! It is low paying, long hours (of mostly sitting if you are lucky) and being treated like an outcast. Well, on this particular set anyway. I have worked plenty of other projects where I have been treated wonderfully. Anyway, I can't complain. I did get the chance to watch some great action, watch an actor that I greatly admire (Charles S. Dutton) and get paid for 12-14 hours days after only actually working for maybe 3 hours at the most.  It is very interesting work and it kinda grows on you. It can be exciting because each time and project is different. And for me, it is a chance to get out of  my daily routine. I used to dream of being on set, getting discovered and being whisked off to Hollywood to star in a major motion picture. I don't dream that anymore, but I do still want that movie role. I believe it will happen. When it's my time. Until then, I am happy to do extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment