Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Why I can't make money being a Blogger





Happy December 25th! Apparently, I haven't written a blog post in 11 months which is why I named this post,"Why I can't make money being a blogger. Actually, I never understood how people made money writing blogs anyway so, I just posted from time to time and didn't worry about making money. Anyway, I've obviously been away for a while and no one probably noticed, because I never had that many readers, but still, those that did read my blog, I apologize for disappearing. So much has been going on this year I have a lot to catch you up on. I turned 50! YEP, I reached the half-century mark back in June. I didn't have any type of celebration and I really regret it. I wanted to have a party, but I have been unable to make decisions or really plan anything this entire year. Just, the thought of trying to put something together and invite people freaked me out. So, I spent a quiet evening at home watching HGTV and the Cooking Channel. It's really quite depressing now that I think about it, so let's move on, shall we? I did a commercial with my youngest son. It was an ad for Energizer batteries and we got to play video games together. That was a ton of fun. I also had the privilege of being cast in 2 short films and also a tv pilot. The pilot will be released soon hopefully and one of the short films is on the Festival circuit right now.

Let's see, what else I can tell you. Oh yeah, my formerly homeschooled son went to a regular school this year and has been doing wonderfully! All of us were super nervous about his transition after being homeschooled through his Freshman year, but he had no issues. He is an A/B student that has been able to excel in Chemistry and Music. He is currently played 3 instruments he had never even picked up before. My youngest son was thrilled this year to see himself on the big screen in a short film called, 7vens Law and he also had a national commercial on tv for Lunchables that aired for a few months. He hopes to join his brother next school year.

That leads me to a whole different subject. "Me Time!" I have been homeschooling for about 9 years. So, the thought of actually having 8 hours to myself daily during the week is pretty weird. I mean, I have had moments when I was working on a set that I counted as my time away, but it's really not the same as just being able to go see a movie or have a leisurely lunch or whatever. It's a new realm for me, but I am anxious to see what it feels like. I have even been floating the idea of getting a part-time job and making some "me money." since as I mentioned before haven't figured out how to get more readers and make money writing this blog. But, hey! With no more children at home during the day maybe that's something I can work on. There's more I could talk about, but if I tell you everything now, then more months will pass, I won't blog, you'll forget about me....you get the picture.

So, here's to a joyous end to 2017 and hopefully a very happy start to 2018!

Peace and Love to you and yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment