Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Awesome Experience!!



A lot of you know that I sometimes work as an extra on television and in movies. It is my break away from my day to day life and I have been doing it for about 14 years. Actually my whole family has worked as extras in the past couple of years and it has been a great way for them to see how tv shows and movies actually get made. Plus, they like having a little money in their pockets. For the past year I have had the extreme pleasure of working on the NBC drama, Chicago Fire. I was cast as one of the Administrative Assistants that work in Chief  Boden's office. Chief Boden is played by British actor, Eamonn Walker. He is a very dynamic actor and also very nice guy. I can honestly say watching him prepare and deliver a scene has been an indescribable joy. If you haven't seen it, the show centers around a Chicago Firehouse. Engine 51, Truck 81 and Squad 3. There is lot of hot stuff going on over there and it ain't just from the fires! The show has gathered a very nice following and I was so happy to hear that it was renewed for a 2nd season. This however was nothing compared to how I felt when I opened up my email a few weeks ago and found an invite to the Chicago Fire Season 1 wrap party! I thought I would faint. Literally faint! It was held at the very nice Firehouse Restaurant (where else would they have it) My hubby and I got all "gussied" up. The entire restaurant was used for the private event.  It was a mixture of Directors, Producers, Crew members, real Chicago firefighters(my husband included), the Main Cast and some fellow extras that had worked on the show since the beginning. The party was great! Good food, music and the chance to FINALLY get some pictures with my favorite guys from the show. It was a night to remember and I feel so thankful to have been a part of it. Here's to Season 2 and hopefully more chances for me to work on this awesome show!

Chicago Fire airs on NBC Wednesday nights at 9pm (cst)



Me and Eamonn Walker(Chief Boden)

Eamonn Walker(Chief Boden) Christian Stolte(Mouch) and Me

Me and David Eigenberg(Hermann)

Me and Joe Minoso(Cruz)

Me and Charlie Barnett (Peter Mills)

Me and Yuri Sardarov

Paul and Christian Stolte (Mouch)
Paul and David Eigenberg (Hermann)


Paul and Eamonn Walker

My Leading Man


No comments:

Post a Comment