Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Here we go again

My day started as it usually does. Not enough sleep, my cell phone alarm going off at 5:30 a.m. Another week day of getting boys up and out for school. This morning however, only 2 boys would be going to school. The 3rd one, my 9 year old awoke with a fever of over 102. OH NO!!! Not again. His was just home for three days with a really bad cold a few weeks ago. Along with the fever came, nosebleeds and a really yucky stomach. Ok. I can handle this. I have done it countless times. I would just give him some Ibuprofen, a large glass of water and put him back to bed. I didn't count on the 7 year old bursting into tears and holding onto me for dear life. Begging and Pleading, "PLEASE don't make me go to school today mom!" "I don't want to go without Matthew!" "The kids are mean to me and I don't want to go!" It truly was heartbreaking. My common sense was being crushed by these sorrowful pleas. But he wasn't done yet. Nope! He threw me a low blow as he continued with, "I want to stay home with you mommy and bake cookies and eat your homemade soup for lunch"! Oh! You know where to aim Ky. Right in a cooking mother's heart. Mind you, he only tries to eat the chocolate chips when i make cookies and he NEVER eats my homemade soup. I knew the only thing I could do was call in re-enforcements. Paul, help! Thankfully, he was home today. I peeled the crying child off of my chest and passed him over to his dad. He talked to him for awhile repeating what I had told him already. But,dad was able to stop the tears. He knew he could still use those eyes on me though as he asked me to please make his favorite Belgium waffles for breakfast. Sure Ky. How could I say no to those big,red puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks? I sat the boys down for breakfast, but I guess MJ's fever had overtaken his appetite. He opted for a large glass of water along with his big blanket and tv remote. Ky finished his meal, packed his lunch and gave me a big hug. Kissing me and telling me to have a good day and to "be good". He was all smiles as he walked out the door and I felt better too. It will be a good day Ky. I've got my Keurig, a whole lotta coffee pods, a fresh bottle of ibuprofen for MJ and the industrial sized can of Lysol.(still have some left over from the last illnesses) Just another day in the Dorsey house. Guess I had better put a pot on for soup. I have a feeling it's going to be needed. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment