Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Gotta keep moving.

When I first started this blog, I wanted it to be filled with all the fun and stories that my family of 6 provides on a daily basis. I didn't count on being sidetracked by the return of symptoms from a condition I have called Chiari Malformation. Apparently, when i was a baby my skull fused to quickly, leaving part of my cerebellum outside of my skull. These cerebellar "tonsils" as they are called, took up permanent residence in my spinal column. There they cause all kinds of problems. My biggest problems are bad headaches and vertigo. The headaches and vertigo are cause by cerebral spinal fluid being trapped in my head. I had surgery to relieve the pressure 8 years ago, but about a month ago, I started having trouble again. This has really taken it's toll on my energy level. I only have a few pain free days a month, but my energy is very low. I am scheduled to have an MRI on Friday and I hope more surgery will not be required. I can't do much homeschooling from a hospital bed. Okay, I got that off my chest. Now, on to my happier stuff. I signed up online on Houseparty.com. it is a pretty cool site where all these different companies list opportunities for people to host parties featuring their products. I was able to score a Folgers Coffee and Land O' lakes Half and half party. They sent me a box of great stuff. Coffee, free coupons for the half and half and some "party favors" to pass out to my guests. My party will be held this Saturday and I hope we have a really great time. I also signed up for a "Just Dance 2" party for the Wii. That would be hilarious!

So, I am staying positive about my test and hoping that I can do what I need to do to get my energy back. My boys are finding creative things to do when I can't teach them because a ad headache. Believe me, that is not always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment