Sharing my life with you, is what I do.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Brighter Day


Mondays can be especially drab and draggy in the Dorsey household. But not yesterday. I managed to get out of bed before 10:00 am. The boys were showered, dressed and had eaten as well. We got to our daily lessons. And, I had a reasonably healthy breakfast of  Greek coconut yogurt mixed with pineapple tidbits, wheat toast and a cup of coffee.


I think getting things off my chest also helped. I wrote a long blog Sunday night about how I had been feeling lately and went to bed. I am usually excited to see if anyone had read it, but this time I didn't care. I figured people would think I was just being an ungrateful, complainer. I really wasn't trying to come off like that. I was really just trying to be honest about how I felt.


Anyway, today is a new day and even though my thoughts are still all over the and place and I am no closer to figuring out which direction to go in, I feel better. I am thankful for every experience and opportunity I have ever had. I am thankful for all the amazing people I have met. I am thankful that I have an extremely supportive husband that encourages me to follow my dream and I am excited that I am being drawn to like minded people, who are also searching for their place in this world.


I don't know how I will feel tomorrow, but today I know that I feel hopeful. I don't have to feel sad that other people are living their dreams and I am still searching. Because their journey is not mine. I'll get there. I don't have to feel like an outcast when I see people that I've known for years, having get-togethers without me, or new friends that do the same thing. I may have known them all of my life, or only for a short time. But, that doesn't mean they are my circle. And who's to say that if I were invited out with them, that I would even enjoy myself. Our likes and interest are different.  I am unique, quirky, and maybe even a bit odd. And that's fine by me.


I read a quote very early this morning that made me smile, and helped me start my day I will close out my post today with it.


"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you." ~Frida Kahlo

No comments:

Post a Comment